Hence, my mission began to find out how difficult it would be to make my own nut butter. The only dilemma was that I don't have a food processor. But as it turns out, a woman can do wonders with a hand-blender!
|A simple hand-blender works too!|
Taking a few tips from friends who make almond butter on occasion, I combined and modified their recipes to make this delicious almond-pecan nut butter.
1 c. raw almonds
1/2 c. raw pecans
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
(I used grapeseed oil, because it doesn't have much flavor and therefore preserves the taste of the nuts.)
1. Place all the nuts in food processor (or hand-blender, in my case).
2. Grind nuts, occasionally stirring with a spoon.
3. Keep going! It takes several minutes to grind the nuts completely.
4. Gradually add oil, one tablespoon at a time. Add cinnamon and salt.
5. Continue grinding until you reach the desired consistency. I don't like creamy nut butter, so it did not take long for it to be done after I added the oil.
6. Eat and enjoy your own homemade almond-pecan nut butter!
Prep time: 20 minutes
|Voila, delicious homemade almond-pecan butter!|